Applications must be printed, signed, and returned via U.S. Post to:
Central Ohio Pediatric Society
5383 Stratford Ave.
Powell, OH 43065
Election to Membership
A person desiring membership will need to submit a written application to the COPS office. The application must be signed by two Active members. The candidate’s name shall be read at a regular meeting. At the meeting following, the Credentials Committee shall make a recommendation to the Society which shall vote on the application.
Classification of Membership
- Members of American Academy of Pediatrics or Diplomats of the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Full time pediatricians, not Academy or Board Members, whose training qualifies them for examinations by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Physicians who are certified by other Specialty Boards and who devote a majority of their professional activities in the treatment of infants, children and adolescents.
- Shall pay dues as set for this class of membership ($150 annually) for medical members and nurse practitioners ($100 annually).
- Physicians and other professional persons who by the nature of their work are particularly interested in the health and welfare of infants, children and adolescents.
- Shall pay dues as set for this class of membership ($150 annually).
- Persons who by the nature of their work are particularly interested in the health and welfare of infants, children and adolescents.
- Not responsible for payment of dues. May not vote or hold office. Dinner meeting involvement only at the guest rate.
- Active members who are not engaged in active practice may be granted Emeritus status upon written request to the Credentials Committee.
- Emeritus members have all privileges of membership except that they may not hold office or vote and are not responsible for payment of dues. Emeritus members are automatically reactivated to Active status if active practice is resumed.
Notification of resignation from the Society shall be sent in writing to the Secretary-Treasurer, and becomes effective upon receipt. A member’s resignation shall not relieve the member of any dues or special assessments owed at the time of a member’s resignation. All rights and privileges of a member shall terminate upon resignation.
Readmission to membership following resignation shall be by the same approval mechanism as for initial application. Dues or any portion thereof appropriate to class of membership commence again at time of readmission.